Partner Channel Manager
Prefer minimum 5 years experience within Outside Sales
Prefer minimum 2 years experience within Channel Sales
With excellent and concise writing skills, as well as strong interpersonal communication and project management experience, the ideal candidate will have an eye for detail. This position requires a highly motivated individual that has the ability to quickly and accurately grasp a wide range of business concepts unique to the Company and Industry and translate them into user-friendly and captivating written documents. The individual will be working within the Marketing/ Business Development area of the Companyâ€™s Sales Department taking responsibility for writing and editing technical documentation for proposal submissions and responses, technical reports, articles or related materials based upon research, investigation and/or analysis with both internal and external resources. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience working within an IT organizationâ€™s outside sales division. The ideal candidate will also have a minimum of 2 years working experience as a partner channel sales manager.
An exciting opportunity to become a key member of a Team where the focus is to take a Partner or Channel to the "next level" in terms of relationship and opportunity mining. This is a position that drives the overall reveChannel relationship of the Company, the Partner and potential Channel Partners. In your role as a Partner Channel Manager (PCM) you will be responsible for executing on a jointly developed business plan, which will include forward thinking ideas, to enable your partner to become a "differentiated player" in the marketplace and to help grow existing relationships and maximize our client centric focus and revenue goals.
* 5+ years management experience
* 5+ years sales experience
* 2+ years channels experience
* 4+ years experience with Microsoft applications-Excel, Word, Power Point
* Strong understanding of networking product applications and service strategies.
* In-depth knowledge base of IT Services, Technical Support Services, Application Development Managed Services, DR/CP IP Communications.
* Strong understanding of product distribution "routes to market", Channel Strategies and Programs.
* Team player, with a proven ability to manage by influence at executive levels.
* Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills required.
* Good understanding of cross functional business structure would be beneficial.
* Familiarity with Distribution Channel a big plus.
* Proven ability to work independently.
* Experience negotiating and managing contracts
* Existing relationships within the above mentioned fields
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partner Enablement
2. Resources and Programs
3. Partner Profitability through ROIC Modeling and understanding you partnerâ€™s "go to market" strategies
4. Developing and executing a Partner Renewal Strategy Focus
5. Conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, measuring partner performance against pre-established business metrics
6. Facilitate Partner Training, promoting self-sufficiency and increased partner productivity
7. Coordinate Executive ''Peer to Peer" Engagements
8. Establish a mechanism for effective communication to partner contacts and channel team members
9. Focus on Customer/Partner Satisfaction
10. Bring value to your team and associates by being a "team player"
11. Proactive in self development
12. Over achievement against assigned Booking/Revenue Goals and MBO Targets
13. Driving/Managing Partner Performance Metrics
14. Build business partnerships with strategic customers and partners.
15. Position services to leverage competitive hardware, managed service and IPC solution sales.
16. Work with the sales account teams, marketing and customer service to enhance current offerings, or develop new offerings, as appropriate
17. Drive the sales of new services through lead development with partners
18. Manage partner contracts and performance metrics to drive partner/channel to achieve superior results.
A significant challenge for the PCM is striking the right balance between working to close near-term business and building the multi-level relationships throughout your partner base that will lay the foundation for winning longer-term opportunities. As the PCM, you want to drive major opportunities, create demand for future opportunities, and build higher and broader relationships than exist today across our executive management and field management teams.